I’ve been a military wife for over 10 years now. I’m used to having my husband gone a lot… but its been nearly 5 years since he last deployed. So… this deployment finally has started to really hit me this past week.
I have accomplished a lot, though, in these first 3 weeks. Sometimes, writing down all that you have accomplished makes you realize how much you’ve done… and not allow you to dwell on all that you need to do.
My Success List:
- Built a Pinewood Derby Car with my Cub Scout, which required the use of a Dremel tool, belt sander, wood putty, and balancing axils with a screwdriver and hammer… and the car still managed to make it through the race without any incident, staying in one piece! THANK YOU LORD!
- Moved the heavy wooden file cabinet from family room to my office without scratching our wood floors.
- Moved the kid’s desk into my son’s room and didn’t scratch the bedroom furniture OR throw out my back!
- Pulled down the world’s heaviest tote from the garage storage to look for my husbands brown boots that were upstairs in the master bedroom closet the whole time even though I looked and looked there.
- Took the three youngest kids to a movie by myself.
- Helped my Kindergartener make her 100th day of school t-shirt. COMPLETE WITH SPARKLES. She’s thrilled. #momaward
- Started T25, 2 weeks in and I’m down 5.5 pounds!
- Youngest has only had 3 accidents during the night now that we are a completely PULL UP FREE HOUSEHOLD NOW! #yessssss
Biggest Success This Far:
Items Still on the To-Do List:
- Organizing the entire house.
- Mailing in the registration papers for both expired vehicles. Oops.
- Mailing my husbands first care package. #fail
- Calling the shop to take my van in to get fixed since I can’t drive it without the back tire smoking.
- Poopy training our mini dachshund. But at least he poops on the same brown rug so I know when he’s been naughty… and where. So I give him props for being consistent.
- Building a Chicken Coop! (that’s on hold til Spring.)
- ….and lots more that I don’t want to think about. This list is long enough.
Want to know what’s in our first care package?
- Flight suits for “Flight Suit Friday” which they didn’t declare until they got over there.
- Brown Boots that nearly cost me my life to find.
- Flight Jacket (I guess its chilly over there)
- Dryer Sheets, Laundry Detergent, Snacks, Drink Packets
- Letters from the kids
- Jump rope (per the hubs request)
- Laundry Bag
Can you tell that the theme of this care package is…
“I forgot some things… can you mail them to me?”
BORING. Next one will be more fun. I promise.
What Have You Accomplished This Week?