While brainstorming some ‘out of the box’ marketing ideas, I came up with this list of 40+ tips and places to hang flyers for promoting your business or next event.
Why flyers? Because they are cheap to create, especially if you are printing them from your own computer.
Keep in mind, community boards are usually fair game, but it’s always best to ask permission when posting flyers inside a business!
- Grocery Store
- Thrift Shops/Consignment Shops
- Post Office
- Gas Station
- Town Hall
- Dance Studios
- School -You may need to get permission from a superintendant of the school, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask about having the school put inserts in each of the kids take home folders.
- On cars in parking lots
- Hotel Lobby
- Community Center
- Starbucks/Coffee Shops
- Stuffed in diaper boxes at the store
- Slid in magazines in the check out
- Slipped in the Air Mall magazine on planes
- Pet shop
- Car repair shop
- Check Fiverr.com for people who will place your flyers in their area. (if applicable)
- In your own car window (just make sure its not tinted… and people can read it)
Live on a military base?
Here are a few additional ideas for you!
(with permission of course)
- Housing Office
- CDC (Childcare Facility)
- Package Store
- Fast Food Restaurant
- DEERS office
- Check with your Family Readiness Officer or FRG leader to see about other places you can put your flyer around the base. They may be able to spread the word about your event/business via email to their distribution list.
Tips for making flyers:
- Less is More – People will most likely be passing by your flyer, so keep it short and sweet.
- Catch Their Attention with a great graphic or BRIGHTLY COLORED TEXT that is easy to read.
- Use a QR code for a website they can go to so they don’t have to remember it (because if they are anything like me, they will forget)
- Make the bottom section tear off with your website/info on it so multiple people can take your info on the go. (be sure to tear off at least one before posting!)
- Bring your own tape or pins to put up the flyer.
- Proofread your text!